More than just location tours and more than just skills classes, Visionary workshops are designed to provide a holistic creative experience.
Visionary Death Valley - November 2-6, 2017
Visionary Death Valley - November 2-6, 2017
DOWNLOAD THE WORKSHOP BROCHURE
(registered attendees receive a complete copy)
Few other workshops give you the benefit of two experienced guides with diverse personal styles and a broad range of expertise. Come find out what makes this workshop unique, passion-filled, and inspiring to photographers of all levels. A perfect blend of photography, field classes, post-production, and passionate photographer/instructors all in one of the most visually stunning places on Earth has earned this workshop praise as “a tour de force of excellence, humanity, artistry, and knowledge”. There are many photography workshops and instruction manuals that teach craft and technique. Only Visionary Death Valley will lead you toward the heart of your art.
- Photographers seeking to explore creative image making;
- Photographers who are comfortable operating their equipment;
- Photographers who are looking to venture beyond the documentary and representational image;
- Photographers who are comfortable working, hiking, and driving off the beaten path.
Not recommended for:
- Photographers with physical mobility issues (we can walk as many as 3-5 miles per day over uneven rocky and sandy terrain);
- Photographers lacking physical fitness and routine conditioning. This workshop is not physically demanding, yet your fitness ensures a more rewarding and less fatiguing experience. Please inquire if you have doubts;
- Photographers lacking full knowledge of basic photography fundamentals (camera operations; ISO, aperture, depth-of-field, etc.);
- Photographers who seek location-based photo tours independent of classroom time, learning, and artistic growth.
November 2-6, 2017. The workshop begins at 12pm on November 2 and concludes at approximately 12pm on November 6.
Max. Participants: 10
This workshop is designed to accommodate all camera formats and all skill levels, digital or film. Our goal is to both introduce you to the beauty of Death Valley and to help you advance your photography through creative and personal expression, beyond the obvious iconic views.
For the fullest and most enjoyable experience, we urge that all participants be in good health, have good physical conditioning, and be able to comfortably walk 3-4 miles per day with camera gear. An SUV or other rugged high-clearance vehicle is required as we will be driving dirt and gravel roads to most of our locations.
What is Included:
Your workshop tuition includes all instruction, location guiding, and 100% of Guy and Michael's attention focused on your needs and photographic growth. Upon receipt of your payment, we will send you a trip checklist to assist with preparations. Carpooling to our locations within the Park is required by the NPS and will be orchestrated daily by Guy and Michael.
What is Not Included:
Airfare, car rentals, Park entrance fees, camping gear (if camping; optional), camera gear and meals are not included, nor are any items of a personal nature. Participants will be required to transport themselves to and from our meeting location at Stovepipe Wells, Death Valley National Park. Anticipate a 2-3 hour travel time to/from Las Vegas.
Important: Although rare, there is always the possibility that we may choose to cancel a workshop, and we reserve the right to do so at our discretion. Should that be the case, your registration fees will be refunded in full. If you are concerned about recovering other expenses, please consider purchasing travel insurance.
It is impossible to predict the weather when arranging for a workshop. What some would consider bad weather often makes for great photography. Participants should arrive at the workshop prepared for all weather conditions and temperatures.
Occasionally, circumstances arise that prevent a person from participating in a workshop after registration. If you wish to protect your investment in the workshop and travel costs, you may wish to investigate travel insurance.
Cancellations, for any reason, must be in writing (e-mail or regular mail). If for any reason the workshop is canceled by Visionary Photography Workshops, a full refund will be given to each participant.
- If you cancel 60 days or more prior to the workshop start date you will receive a full refund minus a $300 administration fee;
- If you cancel 30-59 days prior to the workshop start date, 50% of your workshop fee will be refunded;
- No refund will be given if canceling 29 days or less days prior to the workshop start date.